What is Vagrant?
- Virtual machine construction tools
- You can automate the construction of virtual machines.(Needs virtualization software such as Vmware and Virtual Box)
- If you can master it, it is more convenient than playing with Vmware and Virtual Box directly.
- The construction is done from the command prompt or terminal, at the command line.
- You can write the virtual machine configuration settings to a dedicated file. (That is, you can reuse the same file on both Windows and Mac.)
Vagrant is an open-source software product for building and maintaining portable virtual software development environments, e.g. for VirtualBox, KVM, Hyper-V, Docker containers, VMware, and AWS. It tries to simplify the software configuration management of virtualizations in order to increase development productivity. Wikipedia
License: MIT License
Developed by: HashiCorp (Mitchell Hashimoto and John Bender)
Written in: Ruby
Developer(s): HashiCorp (Mitchell Hashimoto and John Bender)
Stable release: 2.2.7 / January 27, 2020; 28 days ago
Initial release: March 8, 2010; 9 years ago
Quated from Wikipedia