What is Virtual Machine?
It is often used to create a Linux environment.
- It is an image to prepare another computer “virtually and simulatedly” on one’s personal computer.
- With a virtual machine, you can Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu), or Windows Server on Windows or Mac.
- For business and learning purposes, it is often used to check the Linux environment construction and command operations.
- “Vmware” and “Virtual Box” are famous as tools that can build virtual machines.
- The advantage is that costs such as time and costs can be reduced Because you don’t need to prepare multiple computers.
- The OS on which the virtual machine is installed is called the “host OS”, and the OS that can be installed by virtualization is called the “guest OS”.
ex.) If you build a CentOS virtual machine on Windows, the host OS will be Windows and the guest OS will be CentOS.
In computing, a virtual machine is an emulation of a computer system. Virtual machines are based on computer architectures and provide functionality of a physical computer. Their implementations may involve specialized hardware, software, or a combination.
Quated from Wikipedia